Jello Infused Cake With Pudding Topping ~ I know this popular dessert is also called a poke cake but calling it a Jello Infused Cake With Pudding Topping gives it a new name makeover and makes it sound pretty tasty too!
This recipe uses green Jello, which is a perfect green food for preparing and serving around St. Patrick’s Day. But it can be made with any kind of flavoured Jello to give it a completely different look. You can use strawberry or raspberry flavoured Jello for Valentine’s Day. Or make it into a two-layered cake with one layer green and the second layer red for Christmas. It is even fun to make with blueberry flavoured Jello. Now that makes a pretty blue and white dessert.
What I love about this dessert is it can be served in any season. This Jello Infused Cake With Pudding Topping needs to be chilled and stored in the refrigerator. Since it is served cold it really makes a light and refreshing dessert that is perfect for a hot summer day or to finish off a warm cozy meal in the winter.
This dessert is super easy and quick to make. I remember making it many times when I was a child. It was a great recipe to start to learn to cook with because it is made with a cake mix as well as packaged Jello and vanilla pudding.
Sparkling sugars are available in all kinds of colours now. To make the dessert a little more special you can decorate each serving piece with a matching or coordinating colour. The sparkling sugar can be sprinkled on top or for a change around each piece on the dessert plate. Now that makes an attractive and more creative dessert to serve!
Recipe For Jello Infused Cake With Pudding Topping…
- 3 oz. package (85 g) green flavoured Jello
- ¾ cup (175 ml) boiling water
- ½ cup (125 ml) cold water
- white cake mix
- 1 envelope dessert topping mix
- 4 serving size 1 instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 ½ cups cold milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 F (180 C).
- Dissolve green Jello in boiling water in small bowl. Add cold water. Set aside at room temperature.
- Prepare white cake batter according to cake mix package directions. Spread in 9 X 13 inch (22 X 33 cm) pan. Bake in oven for 35-45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted.
- Let cool for about 30 minutes.
- Use chopsticks or a meat fork to poke holes into the cake to the bottom about 1 inch apart.
- Pour green Jello liquid into the holes using a large spoon or a measuring cup with a spout.
- Chill in the fridge.
- To prepare the pudding topping put envelope dessert topping mix, vanilla pudding mix, milk and vanilla in a mixing bowl. Beat for about two minutes at a high speed or until the mixture becomes stiff. Spread over the cake.
- Refrigerate for a couple of hours before serving.
When my daughters were young I had a lot of fun preparing their school lunch and dinner with foods that were all green for St. Patrick’s Day. This Jello Infused Cake With Pudding Topping is perfect to serve at the end for a green coloured themed lunch or dinner!
Here are some other green food ideas that you might want to check out too…
You will want to check out this recipe for this Shamrock Vanilla Milkshake. It is a much healthier version!
All of the green ingredients in this All Green Spinach Salad With White Wine Vinaigrette make it a pretty salad to serve and enjoy eating! It is pretty healthy too!
What green foods do you prepare? It is amazing how many green food choices there are!