Grilled Scallops And Onion Kabobs ~ It’s summer time now and I have to admit our gas barbecue is getting lots of use. Summer and grilling food just seem to go together in our household!
One of the favourite foods we like to barbecue are scallops. This cooking method does a very nice job of sealing in the juices while searing the outside giving it a nice tasty crunch. Not only is this recipe super tasty but it’s also so easy to prepare and cook.
I love to marinate foods in resealable bags because you can make sure the marinade is covering all of the meat. This recipe has the scallops marinate for an hour before cooking. Halfway through the marinating time, flip the bag over and then gently smooth the marinade again around the scallops.
Serve these Grilled Scallops And Onion Kabobs with a salad, roasted veggies and garlic toast to make a simple tasty summertime dinner! If you are making this for a very special seafood meal you may also want to serve this Smoked Salmon Appetizer while the kabobs are cooking.
Whenever I cook something that gets full family or dinner guest approval I always compare it to being of “restaurant quality”. This recipe gets both a very positive approval and complimentary comparison!
Keeping It Real
I just wanted to let you know that the photograph for this recipe was taken with my iPad and just had a bit of photo editing done to it. There was no staging with backgrounds, props or special settings applied on my Nikon 5200 camera that I always use for my blog photography. I also take multiple photographs from different angles during a photo shoot. This time I just took one photograph! These Grilled Scallops And Onion Kabobs looked so tasty cooking on the barbecue they didn’t need a lot of special photography effects.
Just for fun I thought I would show you the raw photograph with no editing and here is the recipe for…
Grilled Scallops And Onion Kabobs…
- 15 - 20 sea scallops
- ¼ cup melted butter
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 5 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium onion cut into large chunks
- Place scallops in a large resealable plastic bag.
- Combine butter, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, onion powder, paprika and salt in a bowl. Whisk to blend.
- Set aside ⅓ cup for basting while grilling.
- Pour remaining marinade over scallops.
- Seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for one hour turning occasionally.
- Drain and discard marinade.
- Alternately thread scallops and onion chunks on metal or soaked bamboo skewers.
- Grill uncovered over medium heat for 10 minutes turning once.
- Brush with reserved marinade.
- Grill another 8 - 10 minutes longer or until scallops are opaque.
Happy summer! Happy grilling!