Mother’s Day Craft – CD Case Photo Frame ~ This is a fun and easy craft the kids can make to give as a gift. Here are the instructions to make this Mother’s Day Craft – CD Case Photo Frame!
You want to make a craft with the kids but it would be nice to make something that will actually be displayed and/or used and it’s really hard to find something that even the little toddlers (with some help) can have success making.
This craft actually solves two problems. It is a crafty gift that will be used and/or displayed rather than tucked away in a memory box. It’s also a crafty gift that is not only inexpensive but is also easy to make across the ages.
My dear friend and teaching colleague shared this idea with me. Shyann is so talented not only as an elementary teacher but also with all of the wonderful creative ideas she comes up with. She knows that I am a blogger and so graciously consented to have me share this Mother’s Day Craft – CD Case Photo Frame with you.
Materials For Mother’s Day Craft – CD Case Photo Frame
- Clear CD case (a clear jewel CD/DVD case will work too)
- Pretty paper like cardstock or scrapbook paper
- Photograph of your choosing
- Pencil crayons, small markers or wax crayons
- Glue gun
- Glue stick
- Transparent tape
- Embellishments and/or stickers
- Colored markers (I used the Bic Mark-It and American Crafts Metallic Marker)
- Narrow ribbon (3/8 in or 9.5 mm cut into 4.3 in or 11 cm in length)
Instructions For Mother’s Day Gift – CD Case Photo Frame
- Cut two pieces of paper to fit both sides of the CD case. Note that both pieces will be a slightly different size.
- Use a glue stick to mount the photograph to the larger piece of paper and decorate it however you want.
- Draw a picture and/or write a message as well as decorate the smaller piece of paper.
- Slide both pieces into the CD case. I had to sneakily secure a transparent piece of tape at the bottom so the papers did not slide out when the CD case was put in the standing position.
- Use a glue gun to secure the ribbon at the bottom of the CD case. Hopefully, the photograph will show what I am talking about.
- Glue an embellishment over top of each ribbon end. These embellishments were self-adhesive making this step very easy.
Here are some visuals to give you a few ideas for decorating. The possibilities are limitless…
Ta-Da! The Mother’s Day Craft – CD Case Photo Frame is already done. Isn’t this the most easy and super pretty, super special Mother’s Day gift that any child at any age can make? What is even more cool is that the CD cases are being re-purposed for a very meaningful and useful gift that keeps them out of the landfill site which when you think about it… is another gift to our environment!
Thanks Shyann for sharing your amazing talents and creativity!
If you end up making this craft I would love to see or hear about your end results!
Here are some other crafty projects you might enjoy …
Thanks for spending some time with….
P.S. The two little girls are my daughters when they were young!