I am so excited! Kelly, who I adore over at Cobwebs, Cupcakes and Crayons emailed me about a month ago and wondered if I would be interested in participating in a very creative idea that she came up with and was willing to organize and facilitate. There will be eleven bloggers posting on the same day at the same time a blog about anything to do with Halloween. We will be also adding each other’s links at the end of the blog so all you have to do is click on each link. What a fabulous low maintenance and quick way to discover new blogs and new ideas for Halloween. So mark October 22nd, 2012 because this is the big day.
I have also recently been awarded two more blogging awards by two really great bloggers. The One Lovely Blog Award was nominated by Ree the brainchild behind the blog Rock Mad & Sweetum’s. She is an Australian who clearly has a delightful sense of humour that shines through all of her posts about her travels. Why the interesting blog title? You will have to pay her blog a visit to find out. I looked on Dictionary.com and do you realize there are 14 definitions for ‘rock’ if it is used as a noun and thirteen definitions if it is used as a verb? Thank you Ree for following my blog and for nominating it for this award. I have to apologize that it has taken some time to follow up on this but it came in September and as a teacher that is a school start-up time and one of the busiest months for me. It’s all about time available and priorities and now I have the time and it definitely is a priority
The second award came from The Blazing Trail and it is The Super Sweet Blogging Award. I discovered this blog quite a while ago. It isn’t filled with neat ideas and images like mine. Instead it is filled with the most beautiful writing that is both poetic and absolutely brilliant. This blog resonates inspiration. I invite you to pop over and pay this blogger a visit. I would say more about this blogger but the details are actually quite a mystery. I have no idea if the writer is male or female but I am pretty sure this blogger is based in Kenya, Africa. If I am incorrect, please correct me. I am always in awe how the blogging community is so international. To think that a blogger from Australia and a blogger from Kenya would be interested in my blog originating from Canada!
The only problem I have with participating in the Collectively Creative Halloween Edition is deciding which idea to go with. I did narrow it down to one and I think you will like it. Being an elementary school teacher for years has filled my brain with lots of great ideas and it is so much fun to share them with you.
There is no problem with being awarded with two more awards. I am always so thrilled to learn that somebody is following my blog and recognizes my work with a nomination. It is so reinforcing and rewarding and I am truly honoured.
However, I am going to combine the Collectively Creative Halloween Edition, the One Lovely Blog Award and the Super Sweet Blogging Award.
Here is a list of linked blogs who will be participating the Collectively Creative Halloween Edition. I am nominating each one for both of these awards and I thought you would want to check them out before the big day
So that makes ten. Here is another blogger I have been following every day because he posts every day. John writes Fit For a Year and has made a commitment to enhance the wellness in his life by running and blogging about it everyday. He really has wonderful and informative posts. I have learned so much from him.
I so have to nominate Debra who writes the blog BreatheLighter. She lives in the Los Angeles area and I always learn something new and interesting from her blog. It is so worth reading her story and why we need to breathe lighter.
Now a baker’s dozen is actually by definition thirteen or it can be fourteen. I have one more blogger I am nominating and it is Losing It who has been sharing her journey of losing weight through a proper diet and exercise. In other words the correct way to do it. I want to say how I admire her efforts and her tenacity to share her ups and downs in such a real honest manner. There is nothing fake or artificial when it comes to this blogger. I find that so refreshing and wish her all the best!
There is one more requirement and that is answering some questions about my sweet preferences and a few more details about me.
For the Super Sweet Blogging Award I have to answer these five questions
- Cookies or Cake? Cake
- Chocolate or Vanilla? Good quality chocolate, which is quite interesting because I used to be allergic to chocolate as a child because it made me quite ill to the point that I would vomit. As an adult, I am so making up for lost time.
- What is your fave sweet treat? Chocolate Chip Cookies made by mother-n-law. They are divine. I have tried the same recipe but I just can’t get the same quality.
- When do you crave sweet things the most? At the end of a teaching day and my classroom is empty and my energy is depleted. Give me chocolate to get my mind and my body going again anytime.
- If you had a sweet nickname, what would it be? I have never had a sweet nickname. When I was little my father called me ‘Peanut’ in the Dutch language which is quite ironic because I was never a tiny person. I was born tall and have been ever since.
For the One Lovely Blog Award I have to tell seven things about me. Well, I have already shared five things so here are two more.
- If I am going to snack I would much rather eat fruit or cookies. I am not much of a potato chip or other salty snack eater.
- Something completely off topic, but I prefer to bathe rather than shower. I know with all of the water conservation that we need to adhere to bathing is not the best choice. But it really calms down my senses, mind and body before I go to sleep at night which is where I will be going very soon.
Thanks again! It has been so much fun! Stay in touch!
Take Care, Thea